Its director said in an internal email message that the World Health Organization (the World Health Organization) plans to reduce its budget by 20 % after its main grant decision, to retire and reduce tasks and employees.
You may be interested: From: progress against diseases “at risk” after financing discounts
In 2025, who faces a loss of $ 600 million and “has no option” to start the pieces, the Director General of the Foundation, Tedros Adihanom Giprizos, explained in an email sent on Friday to the United Nations Health Agency employees.
Since Donald Trump returned to the White House in January, the US President announced his withdrawal from the World Health Organization and decided to freeze the assistance of the United States abroad, including important programs to improve the presence of health care around the world.
Trump accused who is “fraud” on his country
Trump claimed that he made his decision to differ in Washington and Beijing’s contributions, and accused the “fraud” in his country.
The United States was one of the greatest donors from. In the last annual budget session, 2022-2023, Washington contributed up to $ 1.3 billion, which represents 16.3 % of the total budget, which amounted to $ 7,890 million.
Tedros said that the announcement of the United States, along with the recent discounts in public aid to develop some countries to finance the increase in defense expenditures, made our situation more important.
In February, the WHO Executive Council reduced the proposed budget in the period 2026-2027, reaching $ 5.3 billion to 4900 million.
“Since then, the prospects for development aid have deteriorated,” Tedros said, so it was decided to propose “to the member states with a smaller budget of $ 4.2 billion.” It decreased by 21 % compared to the proposed budget in the beginning.
Most American funding came from voluntary contributions to specific projects, instead of fixed participation.
These measures will be applied first to the headquarters, starting with high leaders, but will affect all levels and all regions, “added Tedros in his message.
With AFP information
The last minute news is achieved here
FDM
(Tagstotranslate) announces (T) 20 percent (T) budget
Story Credit