The Russian Ministry of Defense said on Saturday (5) that Ukraine has increased its attacks on Russian energy infrastructure, as it reached goals 14 times in the past 24 hours, despite its stopping in the United States. Ukrainian military personnel described the accusation “error” and “wrong information”.

In a statement published on Telegram, the Russian authority said that Ukraine “has doubled the number of unilateral attacks using drones and artillery shells in energy infrastructure in Russian regions.”

The report said that the attacks caused damage to the Russian regions of Bianank, Baljuroud, Smolinsk, Leptsk and Fournez, as well as the Ukrainian regions in Luhansk and Jeruson, which is controlled by Russia.

Reuters could not check the attack reports.

In their own statement on Telegram, the Ukraine army said that the reports were wrong and that its forces were attacking only military targets.

The Ukrainian army had already said that they had suspended the attacks on Russian energy facilities on March 18.

Russia and Ukraine approved last month with an American proposal For 30 days to stop the attacks on the energy infrastructure for each other. Both sides have repeatedly accused of violating the agreement.

The agreement was part of a A wider diplomatic initiative from the American PresidentDonald Trump, since his return to office in January to end the conflict.

Separately, on Saturday, the authorities from two Russian regions reported the attacks of Ukrainian drones on local industrial facilities.

The governor of the Volga River in Mordovia said that Ukrainian drones had reached an industrial installation. Media reports reported that it was the optical fiber factory in the region’s capital, Saransk.

The governor of the Samara region, the Volga Riferside Province, said a factory in the city of Shabavsk by an attack by Ukrainian drones.

A source of SBU security service in Ukraine told Reuters that the goal was an industrial explosive factory and that the attack caused many explosions and fires.

On Friday (4), the local authorities said that a Russian attack in the Ukrainian city of Kreifi Rier had killed at least 19 people, including nine children.

The Russian Ministry of Defense said it had held a military meeting in the city, which is a statement that the Ukrainian army condemned it as wrong information.

Story Credit

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here