On Wednesday, the Foreign Minister of Foreign Affairs warned that if the world powers did not quickly reach a new agreement with Iran on its disputed nuclear program, the military confrontation appears to be “inevitable.”
Speaking after President Emmanuel Macron called for a rare and unlimited meeting for the important ministers and experts on Wednesday to discuss Iran’s file, Jean -Nawil Barrot seemed to increase the pressure on Tehran.
European powers seek to create a diplomatic road to reach an agreement to reduce Iran’s Iranian activity in uranium until the summer and before late October 2025, when the United Nations sanctions are related 2015 Agreement on Iran’s nuclear program With global powers end.
Western powers say the nuclear program is equivalent to a disguised effort to develop an atomic bomb. Iran has long denied nuclear weapons as a goal.
“The opportunity window is narrow. We only have a few months until this agreement (2015) ends. In the event of failure, the military confrontation may seem almost inevitable,” Barrot said in a parliamentary session.
The previous meeting of the Council of Ministers, which was confirmed by three diplomatic sources, is rare and highlights the increasing concern among European allies that the United States and Israel can launch air attacks against Iranian nuclear establishments unless there is a quick agreement negotiations on its nuclear program.
The Pentagon said on Tuesday that the United States has strengthened military capabilities in the Middle East with more war planes, amid an American bombing campaign against Heath, which controls many Yemen and supported by Iran.
A high European authority said that European strategists were asking whether the campaign could be an introduction to an American attack on Iran in the coming months.
Trump, who asked Supreme Leader, Ayatola Ali KhawniWho immediately participated in the negotiations, Iran threatened last Sunday with the bombing and secondary definitions if the country did not reach an agreement on its nuclear program.
The foreign minister of the Iranian direct opponent, Israel, will be in Paris on Thursday (3).
Diplomatic sources said that the ministers from France, the United Kingdom and Germany, all of whom were signed by the 2015 agreement, were hoping to discuss Iran’s file with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio when they gathered in Brussels to attend a ministerial meeting in Autan this week.
Trump withdraw the United States from the 2015 agreement, which imposed a rigid border on Tehran’s nuclear activities in exchange Penalt relief.
Since then, Iran has greatly exceeded the boundaries of the uranium enrichment agreement, as high -level purity shares have produced much higher than that Western powers say they are justified for the civil energy program and close to those necessary for nuclear heads.
European powers have sought to increase pressure on Iran to persuade it to return to nuclear discussions. They made several rounds of negotiations with Iran, including at the technical level last week, to try to establish institutions.
But the Trump government initially focused on the “maximum pressure” campaign, and the Europeans found coordination complicated, says diplomats.
European powers, which may require the return of the total United Nations sanctions before October, hope to persuade Iran to start negotiating new restrictions on its nuclear activities with the aim of closing an agreement by August at most.
This would give enough time to set new borders for the Iran program and start suspending the sanctions before the 2015 agreement in October 2025.