Rio de Janeiro ruler, Claudio Castro (PL), again charged shares Federal government To contain illegal weapons in the state.
The statement was made during the Laad Defense & Security 2025, a security exhibition held in Rio between April 1 and the fourth.
According to Castro, the issue must be dealt with in the world, not only the authorities, but also weapons manufacturing companies, because the same equipment that is sold legally can end in the hands of criminals.
“The weapon that is sold is the same one who will end in the hands of the terrorist, and it will end in the hands of the trader, the militias. This is a discussion that must be done with this industry as well.”
The ruler criticized the lack of a broader discussion on this issue and said that the Group of Twenty in Brazil was a lost opportunity to address the issue with international leaders. According to him, the issue of public security needs greater integration between federal, state and municipal governments.
In the same interview, Castro highlighted the number of arms attacks in Rio. Last year alone, 15,000 weapons were taken from blood circulation, 732 rifles. By 2025, the trend is a new record, as more than 100 rifles have been seized so far.
The ruler has strengthened the need for changes in legislation to harden penalties against arms trafficking and criticized the current regime, who said that criminals prefer.
“If the righteous citizen takes a gun, he responds from 16 to 24 years.
Several Laad Defense & Security 2025 was attended in Rio. Participants were the Vice President of the Republic, Geraldo Alkain (PSB), Minister of Justice and Public Security, Ricardo Lewandowski, and Minister of Defense, Joseo Moutereo.