Four Mexican players were sentenced to 40 years and nine months in prison on Monday, and then a murder of five.

In the early hours of February 26, 2023, soldiers were found guilty of the indiscriminate firing on a pickup truck riding seven civilians. The civilians returned from one night in the northern border city of Newo Laredo.

The illegal killings of Mexico’s armed forces occurred in 2023 in Newo Loredo. (Carlos Alberto Carbagal/Quartoskoro)

The families of the victims celebrated the decision of the investigation, but urged federal officials to face the appeal of the sentenced soldiers.

Defendants are in custody at a military base in Mexico. If they lose their appeal, they should be sentenced to a public prison.

Chief Justice XVI ordered the commander of the cavalry brigade equipped with a motorcycle – the home of the soldiers’ housing – to apologize to the families.

Four players Five numbers of massacre and one murder in April 2023 were formally blamedSix weeks after the incident.

The defendants were of the 21 soldiers who were on patrol that morning. As part of their safety, they declared that they had heard the loud bang, and opened what they claimed to have fled. Three of the defendants claimed that they had opened fire to support the first soldier who initially started firing.

One of the two survivors testified, and the soldiers shot at least two scenes on his injured friends. He also denied that they fled from the soldiers.

Mexico’s National Human Rights Commission (CNDH) has investigated the incident and called the shooting unreasonable.

The CNTH report decided that the players in four patrol vehicles had followed the placement of a “suspicion” and did not follow the proper practice of involvement in the vehicle.

“Without giving verbal orders (pulling), a soldier opened fire on the back of a private vehicle, and three soldiers did the same to support the first one,” the report said.

After the rights
During the case, Mexico’s Best Human Rights Officer Alejandro Nesinas ordered an inquiry. (Presidenia)

Only four of the 21 soldiers who were patrolled were firing, and CNTH said, but they shot 117 shots in a picnic.

At the beginning of the Defense Ministry (Setena), the soldiers said they had heard the shooting, and then approached a pickup truck without licenses and no lights in the dark.

“When they saw military troops, they (residents) accelerated in an active and avoidable way,” said Setena in a premature statement.

In another version of the event, the soldiers said the truck had crashed into a parked vehicle. It was only after the accident that the soldiers claimed that they fired.

After the shooting, there was no evidence of weapons on the Pigop after the shooting, and that there was no evidence that the CNDH report had no evidence that the CNDH report had been shot in military patrol.

According to the Associated Press, Newo Laarete is a scene of human rights violations by the military in the past.

It was only three months after the February 2023, the soldiers engaged in high speed chasing Five civilians were killed despite openly surrendered What Then the explicit Andres Manuel Lopez Oprador described as an execution.

Seadena said 16 players would face military charges. However, By January 2024, 13 out of 16 were released.

Mexico has a separate military judiciary organization, but for the sake of crimes involving non -military victims, the federal civil courts must investigate soldiers.

With reports from UniversalOvarian ProcessOvarian Country And Associated Press

(Tagstotranslate) Conviction

Story Credit

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here